Tuesday 21 June 2011

AKB48 3rd Senbatsu Election: Under Girls

So the election has been and gone. 2 weeks later and I think I've calmed down enough to be able to give my opinion on the results. Under girls results after the jump:



40. Fujie Reina (Team K) – 4698 (↓7): I was a little worried for Reina after she ranked 40th in the prelims but thankfully she ranked. Yes she went down 7 spots but I think with the amount of exposure she gets and with the amount of girls in the election this year she did really well. It's great that she managed to stay in because she's just adorable.


39. Ichikawa Miori (Team 4) – 4928 (NEW): Miorin is not my cup of tea at all. I don't buy into the whole moe thing, especially when they lay it on as thick as she does. I'll admit she's funny but she's just not for me. That said I totally saw this coming, considering how popular and pushed she is, it was almost impossible that she wouldn't rank.

38.Matsui Sakiko (Team K) – 5020 (NEW): Now this is a girl who's really been growing on me recently, but then again I'm a sucker for a girl who isn't really a typical idol. Absolutely delighted she made it in and I really hope it means we can see more of her in the future.

37. Maeda Ami (Team A) – 5220 (NEW): It broke my heart when Aamin didn't make the cut last year especially with the push she was getting.  She is just adorable and has this amazing little sister quality that just makes her so lovable, so needless to say I'm really happy she ranked this year.

36.Suda Akari (Team S) – 5343 (NEW): I'm going to be brutally honest, I don't really know much about SKE and I'm a bit of an AKB purist when it comes to elections. Don't know who this girl is and don't really care... If she had been Kuumin I would have been happy, but she isn't so I'm not.

35. Oba Mina (Team 4) – 5411 (NEW): OMG, you have no idea how over joyed I was when this was announced! I love Minarun and I'm so happy that not only did she rank but she was the highest ranking KKS/Team 4 member! Minarun for team 4 center!!

34. Sato Sumire (Team B) – 5438 (↓3): I'm in two minds about this one. My initial reaction is, I'm happy she ranked. Second is, why the hell didn't she get higher!? She's had more exposure recently so I was hoping people would take to her as much as I have. What is not to like about this girl? She's just too cute!!

33. Hata Sawako (Team KII) – 6117 (NEW): Another SKE girl, who I haven't even heard of so I can't even comment really. She's kinda cute so maybe I should give her a chance?


32. Komori Mika (Team B) – 6120 (↓2): Mikapon is like a little puppy. She's such a lovable airhead, so I'm really disappointed she didn't rank higher tbh. I was hoping for her to get in the 20s this year...but competition was rough so I guess I can be happy with this.

31.Nito Moeno (Team K) – 6288 (↓2): I was terrified when she wasn't in the prelims so I'm ecstatic that not only did she make it, but she got such a high rank! I love Moeno, she's such a unique beauty, has an amazing personality and is an awesome performer, it would have been a crime for her to not be in at least UG!
30.Oya Masana (Team S) – 6660 (↓6): Ok so an SKE girl I know. Just happens to be one that I don't really get the appeal of, she's sweet enough though.

29. Oya Shizuka (Team A) – 7264 (NEW): This had to be one of my highlights of the elections. When this was announced I just started crying, I mean seriously this girl has to be one of the hardest working girls in the whole of AKB and didn't get any recognition for the longest time. So to see her finally get rewarded for everything was one of the things that made this election worth while for me.

28. Yamamoto Sayaka (Team N) – 8697 (NEW): This girl is amazing. NMB's single hasn't even been released yet and she managed to not only rank but at such a high position. Sayamina really grew on me quickly she just has this special something to her. I have such high expectations of this girl and I really think she's one to watch.

27.Miyazaki Miho (Team B) – 9271 (↓6): Unfortunately this massive drop was sort of inevitable, she's already been kicked out of regular senbatsu and then given little promotion. I'm a huge fan of her character so I'm sad to see her drop. Really hope this year is a bit better for Myao.

26. Hirajima Natsumi (Team B) – 9742 (→): I've heard some refer to Nacchan as the invisible 1st gen member, I think they should really call her the invincible 1st gen member. Because no matter how little she gets she's still able to keep her spot at 26, for 3 years no less!! An incredible achievement. It's nice to see that Nacchan has such a stable place within rankings.

25. Ohta Aika (Team A) – 9910 (↓2): Lovetan T.T. She's one of the few loli girls I am totally smitten with, she's just like a little sister, so adorable. It broke my heart to see her drop 2 spots and even more so to see her cry like this. I was really hoping she was going to make senbatsu this year, but it wasn't meant to be.

24.Nakagawa Haruka (Team A) – 10854 (↓4): I honestly didn't expect Harugon to stay in senbatsu this year with everything considered. Which is disappointing because I can't tell you how much I love this girl, like seriously she is so high energy all the time, I get happy just watching this girl.

23. Takayanagi Akane (Team KII) – 11674 (↑12): I'm surprised with this one, I honestly expected/hoped she'd make senbatsu this year. Hopefully Aki-P will finally give them an original stage now though xD

Under Girls Center:
Umeda Ayaka (Team K) – 11860 (↑10): This was another massive victory for me this election. Ume center is like a dream come true! She's one of those girls who I have a massive soft spot for although she doesn't come too high in my personal ranking. She's super talented so I can't wait to see what she has to offer as Under Girl center!




Next post will be the senbatsu ranks. I won't be holding any punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment