Wednesday 22 June 2011

AKB48 3rd Senbatsu Election: Senbatsu

As far as the under girls rankings went, I came out a fairly happy bunny but the senbatsu was a totally different story. On an individual level I'm fairly content with a lot of the rankings but when I look at the whole, this year just doesn't sit right with me. 
Another note: the amount of votes this year absolutely blew me away.
So heres the senbatsu:

21.Kuramochi Asuka (Team A) – 12387 (↑2): Mocchi has to be one of the prettiest girls within AKB, I mean she is just stunning with a sweet personality to match. I'm glad that all the work she's had with French Kiss has given her that push she needed to get back into senbatsu, congrats girl ^_^

20. Masuda Yuka (Team B) – 14137 (↑5):This is something I have been waiting for, for such a long time! Yuka has so much talent that it was an absolute crime not having her in senbatsu and I'm delighted that she's finally being recognised. I'm so glad that being in DiVA really paid off for Takoyaki, she thoroughly deserves this spot.

19. Yokoyama Yui (Team K) – 16455 (NEW): (If you are a fan of this girl please don't read) Yui Yui Yui...where to start. I loved this girl in Alive back when she was first promoted. I thought she did a really good job and I was expecting her to  really rise up in my rankings. How wrong I was. I'm sorry but I've gone from being absolutely smitten to being one of those people who just can't stand the sight of her. I mean seriously get her the fuck out of my face! I'm not usually one against pushed girls, I love Sasshi, but this girl has absolutely nothing special about her and she is doing nothing what she is given. If you're going to be pushed at least show case your personality, give something back, don't just stand there and try to look cute. I was really hoping this would be like how things were with Aamin last year and she wouldn't rank, or at least only make UG but no, she ranked and I was/am furious with the result. Now I know that team K need a new front girl after Erepyon left etc etc but seriously this girl doesn't even come close to filling her shoes! This is going to let the management think they can just push and push and push and we'll eat it up. Pull yourself together and GTFO!

18. Sato Amina (Team B) – 16574 (→): I am over the moon that Amina not only ranked but held her spot in senbatsu! Yet again she got practically no promotion this year but still managed to make senbatsu and deservedly so! This girl is amazing and such a hard worker. I just love this girl, so of course I'd be happy she kept her place. Management! Please give her more attention this year!!

17. Akimoto Sayaka (Team K) – 17154 (→): Sayaka!!!! As soon as I heard Ayaka announced as UG center I was crying, not only because of an Ume center but because I knew it must have meant Sayaka had stayed in senbatsu. Although on the run up I had mixed feelings about her participation in the election I'm sosososososososososo happy that not only did she get senbatsu but kept her spot! She's had such a difficult year and I'm just so proud of her! I really plan on doing a whole post on Sayaka in the near future because although she's my 2nd favourite I really have some mixed feelings about her. But that's what makes her so special right!!? <3

16.Kasai Tomomi (Team B) – 22857 (↓4): This was a really upsetting rank, I just couldn't believe Chiyuu would fall out of media. Not only did she fall out of media she fell a whole 4 spots. I blame horipro for being absolutely useless! I just hope management doesn't start to ignore her after this, I really could deal without my dose of Chiyuu in senbatsu.

15. Minegishi Minami (Team K) – 26070 (↓1): This was another fall that surprised me. I was sure that Miichan was going to make media this year and if not at least retain her position. But 1 place isn't too bad so I guess I can't be too upset.

14. Matsui Jurina (Team S) – 27804 (↓4): This announcement was a bit double edged for me. I was happy because it meant Rena had finally over taken her. Don't get me wrong I love Jurina to bits, she's adorable and just...amazing but I really wanted Rena to place higher. But I was also really disappointed. Jurina out of media just seems wrong doesn't it? I have faith that she can get back in next year.

13. Kitahara Rie (Team B) – 27957 (↑3): (Again fans don't read, some heavy slagging happening).This is a rank that really made me angry. Kitarie is somebody I've never understood the appeal of. Usually I try not to be offensive about her because I've never seen anybody bad mouth Kitarie before but this is my blog so I'll say what I want. All I ever hear is 'omg she's so pretty' ,'look how gorgeous she is' and personally I don't see it. Honestly the first time I ever saw her I felt sorry for her, looking so ugly next to all these other gorgeous girls. And it's not even like her personality seems to make up for it either, she is boring as fuck! I'm sorry I have tried to like Kitarie, I have tried so hard but everytime I try I just seem to get more infuriated about her popularity. Graduate soon.

Media Senbatsu

12. Takajo Aki (Team A) – 31009 (↑1): This is a rank I wasn't expecting really. I didn't ever think of Akicha being in media. She's so cute and incredibly pretty but I didn't ever think she was a strong enough presence to rank higher than she already had. I love her and I have a soft spot but I'd really expected her to drop in favor of bigger personalities. Unexpected but welcome. Congrats Akicha!

11. Miyazawa Sae (Team K) – 33500 (↓2): My oshi <3. My initial response was to be disappointed because I was sure she'd keep her rank from last year but considering the competition from this year I can be happy with this rank. With 9 being my lucky number it seemed so fitting that she had it, but it was not meant to be this year :(.  Her speech touched me to the point of tears, I just have such unconditional for this girl. Please keep doing your best Sae *_* You're always my number 1!

10. Matsui Rena (Team S) – 36929 (↑1): I had no doubts that Rena would beat Jurina this year, but I didn't think by this much. Super happy for the princess. I'm glad she overcame the wall that is Jurina.

9. Sashihara Rino (Team A) – 45227 (↑10): This is a great example of how to deal with your push well! Sasshi has never stuck out to me as a hugely pretty girl and I feared that maybe she wouldn't do so well because of this. But her personality has just proved too big to contain, she shines so much and she has used her push to really promote herself in the best ways. I admire her so much because of how well she puts herself out there. She has such an attractive and fun personality. Love this girl but was really hoping for her to break the Kami 7!

8. Itano Tomomi (Team K) – 50403 (↓4): Emochin being the first out of the Kami 7 was a huge surprise. I was really sure, that after all her success with her solo release and with the huge amount of promotion she's had this year, she was going to break the top 3. I was sure of it. So to see her drop to 8th was a massive surprise. Can't blame her for being upset it's a huge fall from grace.

7. Takahashi Minami (Team A) – 52790 (↓1): I only have one thing to say: This is a disgrace, AKB fans should be ashamed of themselves, Takamina deserves 4th place at the very least. Shame on everybody.

6. Kojima Haruna (Team A) – 52920 (↑1): Nyan-nyan is somebody I don't get the appeal of, and I was sure that if anybody was going to fall out of the Kami 7 it was going to be her. I do like her and I have a lot of respect for her so congrats.


5. Watanabe Mayu (Team B) – 59118 (→): Mayuyu is somebody who's really grown on me this last year. I actually used to dislike her, there was just something about her I didn't like. Yes I was crazy! This girl is amazing and for somebody so young she really got to show us how mature she's become with her speech this year. I'm so glad she at least kept her position and didn't drop at all. I'm glad she has such a stable and loyal fanbase.  Mayu: forever team B's ace!! <3

4. Shinoda Mariko (Team A) – 60539 (↓1): I love this girl so I'm kinda sad she dropped a place. It's amazing how she's managed to keep her popularity so high despite not being around a lot. In my opinion 3rd spot belongs to her so I'm a bit bitter about this. I'm a little tired of people speculating about graduation as it's been going on for years. I still think she has some time left in her because it's evident how much she loves AKB. I just hope she can get center at least once before the inevitable graduation comes though.

3. Kashiwagi Yuki (Team B) – 74252 (↑5): Massive shock here. I thought she might rise, but by this much and to overtake Mayu!? Love her but I'm a bit uncomfortable with her being top of B. It doesn't seem right somehow. She's got a lot of hate after this happened which I understand to an extent but not fully. Yes I can see where people are coming from saying she's fake but I think that's part of her charm. It's almost like she doesn't hide that it's an act where others do, but then again that's just my interpretation of it. Maybe she's just a really bad actor? I just don't think she deserves all the hating she's getting really. She's worked hard this year and she deserves to get recognition for it. But I think the major thing we've learnt from this is that the power of Yukirin's fans is hella scary...

2.Oshima Yuko (Team K) – 122843 (↓1): Unfortunately I kind of saw this coming. I so desperately wanted Yuko to be center again, so badly. She is that breath of fresh air we all need. It's unfortunate that she isn't center again because I personally feel that Yuko's center in Heavy Rotation really helped to put AKB where they are now. I really don't know what to say about this except that I am gutted, I was dying for something other than this year's status quo and I love Yuko to bit so I really wanted to see her shine again. However it was so nice to see Yuko be so gracious in defeat, it was a great contrast to how Acchan reacted last year. Yuko is a great example to everybody and an absolute babe <3.

Center

1.Maeda Atsuko (Team A) – 139892 (↑1): (Before I start, I just want to say I love Acchan. Love her to bits, I even got my hair cut like her once just so I could be more like her, so please don't think I'm hating.) This was a huge disappointment for me. Not because I dislike Acchan or because I like Yuko more(well I do but that's not the point). It was because now we'll be stuck with the same thing as we've had for the last several single. Acchan dead center sharing the limelight with nobody. I can't say I'm looking forward to the next single half as much I was last year because of this.
 It was no surprise that Acchan won and in my opinion it was by no means a fair fight. How the hell was Yuko supposed to compete with an up and coming solo debut, millions of magazine covers, center in the single, leads in dramas and just about every other bit of promotion you can imagine. Let's face it, the management wanted Acchan to win, and it's clear from the one sided promotion on the lead up to the event. Everything was Acchan, Acchan, Acchan, so I can't help but feel a little bit cheated.
This all said. I couldn't help but cry watching Acchan's reaction to winning, you could see how much it all meant to her and I loved her 'haters gonna hate speech'. So in a way I'm happy she won.



All in all pretty disappointing election compared to last year, kinda wish I could undo it all xD It definitely left me feeling hugely bitter, especially towards the management. Hopefully next year will be better then?

No comments:

Post a Comment